If you’re looking for help planning the perfect Hen party, then you’ve come to just the right place! We’ll take you through the most frequently asked Hen party planning questions and answers to make sure you know exactly how to organise the big event!
A Hen party is a really exciting event, that’s why you need to do something special! So take at look at our list of the 20 best Hen party ideas, plus how to plan and organise everything in 6 simple steps. So let’s get started!
When Should you Start Planning a Hen Party?
How Far in Advance Should you Plan a Hen Party?
Who Should be Invited to a Hen Party?
Who Should Organise the Hen Party?
- How involved the bride wants to be
- How many people are going to the Hen party
- If the maid of honour is in charge
Who Should Pay for the Hen Party?
Should the Bridesmaids Pay for the Hen?
What Should you Do at a Hen Party?
There are loads of Hen party ideas to choose from, but which should you go for? Well, we’ve put together a list of the 20 best Hen party ideas for every type of bride, so take a look to help you decide! You can also plan some games and activities to keep things interesting too.
What Games can you Play at a Hen Party?
There are plenty of games you can play at a Hen party to keep your guests entertained! Here are some of our favourite Hen party game ideas!
The classic frat party drinking game with a Hen party twist! It’s everyone’s favourite and is great for all group sizes. This drinking game is great for teams, after all, everyone loves a bit of friendly competition. Especially after a few drinks!
What you’ll need:
- 10 pint sized plastic cups filled with your drink of choice
- A large table at least a few meters long preferably
- Ping pong ball
- Two teams
- Arrange your 5 cups each in a pyramid shape at each end of the table
- Try and throw the ping pong ball into the other teams cups
- If it lands in a cup, the other team has to drink that cup and then remove it from the table
- You can either bounce the ball into the cups, or try and throw it straight in. But if you miss and it goes too far, and the other team catches it, you have to drink one of your own cups.
- The team that drinks the least cups wins!
Drinking games don’t just have to be for nights out! Picolo is the perfect dinner party drinking game for small groups and it’s really easy to set up. It’s great because it takes all the thinking out of drinking games, you can just let the app do the work. And it’s a good one to play either at home or in a bar as you don’t need anything other than your phone!
What You’ll Need:
- Just your drinks and a phone!
How to Play
- Download the Picolo app
- Choose a free version or upgrade to the premium version
- Enter each players name, bonus points for creative nicknames!
- Then just answer the questions and follow the instructions
Drunk Pass the Parcel
The dinner party version of pass the parcel is great for large groups. It’s exactly the same as the kid’s party version, but each layer of wrapping paper has a truth or dare task that the player has to do. You can be as harsh as you’d like with the truths and dares, but it’s best to start with nice and easy ones! If the player decides they don’t want to do the truth or dare, you can have a forfeit of downing your drink. You can choose any prize for your pass the parcel drinking game.
What You’ll Need:
- A small prize
- Wrapping paper
- Some music
How to Play:
- First you’ll need to wrap the prize in a layer of wrapping paper. Wrap the present again but underneath the layer, have a truth or dare written on a small piece of paper. Repeat this so there are around 6-10 layers.
- Get all the players in a circle and pass the parcel around until the DJ stops the music.
- Whichever player the music stops on, must unwrap a layer and do the truth or dare written on the paper.
- Keep going until someone unwraps the prize!